The Sight Seer Melissa Giorgio 9781939769305 Books

The Sight Seer Melissa Giorgio 9781939769305 Books
Gabiella (NOT Gabriella!) has a terrible job at a Texan-themed convenience store, when she's suddenly made aware of a world of demons living among and preying on humans. She has the Sight, which allows her to see them, and when she inadvertantly spots one at work she ends up meeting Rafe, a member of the demon hunting group called Silver Moon, who is handicapped by his own lack of Sight. Gabi is skeptical at first, but she agrees to help him hunt demons (the fact that he's super hot of course helps). Unfortunately, there's a lot more demons around than she realized!The Sight Seer represents some of the greatest things that can be found in the YA genre. It's got a great combo of humor, action, and suspense, with a little mystery thrown in there for good measure. The characters are great and relatable, the kinds of people I either feel like I know or would love to be friends with. The romance is slow-building but satisfying. The action scenes are great, and the balance between action and more quiet moments works really well.
If you like YA with a lot of heart, you won't go wrong choosing this book!

Tags : The Sight Seer [Melissa Giorgio] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Gabi Harkins likes to think she's a pretty normal sixteen-year-old. She goes to school, suffers though an awful part-time job,Melissa Giorgio,The Sight Seer,Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing,1939769302,Children's BooksAll Ages,Fantasy & Magic,Juvenile Fiction Fantasy & Magic,FICTION General
The Sight Seer Melissa Giorgio 9781939769305 Books Reviews
Another young author with serious writing chops. It's got a smooth plot, which is well planned (a bit like a favorite roller coaster ride). The characters are likable and not generic, there are deliciously evil creatures (also not plain wrap), with one seriously twisted one. A bit of high school scenario was thrown in, but not overdone like most other YA paranormal books. Best of all, it didn't feature the usual obnoxious, brooding boy seducing a clueless human girl. This girl has courage, skill and humor. All in all, it's a great read, with just the right mix of angst, evil, young love, bravery, magical powers, and laughs. What a refreshing surprise, and with a cliffhanger as the final prize.
* This is another keeper, so grab it and enjoy!
-Ozmatoo (a happy reader again, after just enjoying the "Imdalind" series and "Ignited" Wow! Three in a row....).
This story was okay. I didn't fall in love and was unable to put the book down, but it wasn't so horrible I couldn't finish it either. A great book for boredom. I wish maybe there was more bantering between the two characters, although I did love Evan. I also kind of wish Gabi was a little more hesitant to believe the demon story. I understand she saw it with her own two eyes, but how she was stubborn and fierce (when it came to her garden). I just didn't expect her to instantly believe the story of demons without searching for a real, a scientific answer or something. But instead she believed him and started batting her eyes at him and forming a crush. Now again I understand how sixteen year old girls normally forget everything in the presence of a hottie. But she was supposed to be super mature, and acting older than her real age. When I felt she was acting more like a immature preteen, with the names she comes up with and her behavior over her clothes. I got real tired of her complaining about all the outfits that got ruined by demons when it was more like two and pair of shoes, but what do you expect while demon hunting.
This was a good story, but I think with a little bit more of development of the characters, maybe a little more angst and definitely more humor because I believe this could have been hilarious with the plot and characters. Melissa Giorgio had many scenes set up to be gut wrenching and yet she skimmed over those parts.
The way the story ended definitely sounds as if there will be a second one. I only hope in that one the story will be deeper, the characters matured and some great fighting scenes. I mean they are demon hunters, bodies made for fighting by which making them yummy. What girl doesn't want to envision a hot guy fighting to protect her?
Not just an outstanding debut novel, but one that can stand with established authors of paranormal such as Moning and Margaret Maher, Susan Dexter,Tamora Pierce and others. It is also unfortunately one heck of a cliffhanger. Waiting for sequel already. I am so fond of this magic and demon-fighting world that I hope it expands to many volumes like Nalini Singh or Harry Potter. I particularly like the chance to see a non-dysfunctional parent child relationship after so many abused and orphaned types and some teens with fairly mature attitudes. I usually prefer magic systematic and logical like Eileen Wilks Lupi books, but the simplicity and mystery of this book with a boy drawing a sword out of light and thin air takes me back to the Wow feelings when I read "The Owl Service" or Pierce 's "Terrier" with talking dust devils and spirit carrying pigeons. (Disliked last two of that series) But in this book I really enjoyed the simple no explanation magic. It also had touches of the same slightly black edged absurdist humor I liked in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If it gets optioned for a movie like The Mortal Instruments, the chronic and repetitive destruction of our heroine's wardrobe and shoes by demon goo, blood, claws etc. would play well. I wish the probable demise of the black sequined skirt from their first date had been covered in more detail. SPOILER ALERT. The demise of a major demonic contaminated human in the last chapters was a surprise. Unless this author pulls a Robert Jordan and starts resurrecting the bad guys, I would guess we have considerable intrigue and betrayals in store, and maybe sorcerers too. Excellent. Highly recommended.
Gabiella (NOT Gabriella!) has a terrible job at a Texan-themed convenience store, when she's suddenly made aware of a world of demons living among and preying on humans. She has the Sight, which allows her to see them, and when she inadvertantly spots one at work she ends up meeting Rafe, a member of the demon hunting group called Silver Moon, who is handicapped by his own lack of Sight. Gabi is skeptical at first, but she agrees to help him hunt demons (the fact that he's super hot of course helps). Unfortunately, there's a lot more demons around than she realized!
The Sight Seer represents some of the greatest things that can be found in the YA genre. It's got a great combo of humor, action, and suspense, with a little mystery thrown in there for good measure. The characters are great and relatable, the kinds of people I either feel like I know or would love to be friends with. The romance is slow-building but satisfying. The action scenes are great, and the balance between action and more quiet moments works really well.
If you like YA with a lot of heart, you won't go wrong choosing this book!

0 Response to "[GAV]∎ Descargar Gratis The Sight Seer Melissa Giorgio 9781939769305 Books"
Post a Comment